Footy-World Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Footy-World Forums

The World of Footy At Your Fingertips!

3 posters

My Rangers Career

Ydna36
    Beginner
    Beginner

My Rangers Career Empty My Rangers Career

Post  Ydna36 Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:40 pm

My Rangers Career Rangers

Season 2008/2009

TRANSFERS IN (Summer Window)

Paulo Ferreira (D RC) - Loan - Chelsea
    A solid defender who can play anywhere across the backline. Great to get on a season long loan.

Keirrison (FC) - £2.9million - Cortibia
    A fantastic young striker who I'm hoping will turn into one of the best. Only 19 years old.

Fabian Delph (M RC) - £775k - Leeds Utd
    A great prospect in midfield, another signing who will hopefully become one of the best. Only 17 years old.

TRANSFERS IN (January Window)

Willians Santana (AM RLC, FC) - £4.6million - Vitoria
    Incredible attacking player again who is still very young at 20 years old. Should go straight into first team.

Vincent Kompany (D C, DM, MC) - £6million - Man City
    A fantastic signing. Quality defensive player who will go into the centre of my defence. One of the best.

Zdravko Kuzmanovic (M C) - £7million - Fiorentina
    Fantastic young midfielder will definitly be an asset to my squad for many years.

TRANSFERS OUT (Summer Window)

Lee McCulloch (AM L, ST) - £2.5million - Wolves
    A good player, but was getting old, and with Lafferty and Fleck both good enough, the best thing to do was cash in.

Charlie Adam (AM LC) - £2.5million - Hull City
    Not needed by me, not good enough for the squad I was building.

Brahim Hemdani (SW, D C, DM, MC) - £2million - AS Monaco FC
    Getting a bit old and not really good enough for Rangers. £2million was a good price so I was happy to let him go.

Some other reserve players left for little money who were not needed by the club.

TRANSFERS OUT (January Window)

Barry Ferguson (M C) - £7.5million - Tottenham
    A Rangers legend, but was getting towards the later part of his career and when Spurs offered £7.5million for him I had to accept.

Kevin Thompson (M C) - £7.5million - Sunderland
    Didn't really want to let him go, but i felt with the money they were offering, i could get someone younger and better.

A few reserve players also went out on loan to help with the wage budget.

SQUAD

Goalkeepers - Allan MacGregor, Neil Alexander

Defence - Madjid Bougherra, Kirk Broadfoot, Vincent Kompany, Paula Ferreira, Steven Smith, Sasa Papac, Steven Whittaker

Midfield - Nacho Novo, Willians Santana, Zdravko Kuzmanovic, Pedro Mendes, Steven Davis, Fabian Delph, John Fleck, DaMarcus Beasley, Maurice Edu

Attack - Keirrison, Kris Boyd, Kyle Lafferty, Kenny Miller, Steven Naismith

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE
    Winners
    The SPL turned out rather easy this season. I finished on 90 points with 28 wins, 6 draws, and 4 defeats. I was especially pleased that i won every match against rivals Celtic. Celtic came 2nd in the league but were 17 points behind me on 73 points. Hamilton finished bottom of the league on 18 points and were relegated.

SCOTTISH CUP
    Winners
    We won the Scottish Cup this year against Aberdeen. The final finished 2-1. We put out Celtic in the Quarter Final of the competition.

CIS CUP
    Quarter Final
    A poor display in the CIS Cup which saw us lose to Hearts 2-0 in the Quarter Final. Celtic went on to win this competition.

EUROPEAN CAMPAIGN
    Uefa Cup 1st Knockout Round
    We lost in the 3rd Qualifying round of the Champions League to Atletico Madrid. It was an unfortunate draw to get such a good team in the early stages of the competition and we were defeated on away goals. However we went into the Uefa Cup where we had a decent run, and qualified through the group stages in 3rd place. We drew Udinese in the 1st knockout round and although we looked good in the first leg drawing 0-0, we lost the second leg 4-0 and that ended our European Campaign for this season.

MY CAREER

SPL - 2009
    Scottish Cup - 2009
    SPL Manager Of The Year - 2009
    Ydna36
    Beginner
    Beginner

My Rangers Career Empty Re: My Rangers Career

Post  Ydna36 Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:42 pm

Season 2009/2010

Sergio Asenjo (GK) - £3.9million - Valladolid
    Fantastic young Goalkeeper who will become my number 1. He's only 19 and is already a top class Goalkeeper and will no doubt become one of the best in the world.

Rafael Van der Vaart (AM) - £6million - Real Madrid
    An incredible talent and a world class player. He'll bring a new level of quality to the team.

Daniel Sturridge (ST) - free - Manchester City
    One of the best young British strikers who was out of contract, so I couldn't refuse to snap him up on a free transfer

Jermaine Pennant (AM R) - £3million - Liverpool
    I really only have one man in this position so I was looking for someone to cover but who was also a good enough 1st team player, and Pennant was listed and I was delighted to pick him up for £3million.

Petri Pasanen (D RC) - £7.5million - Werder Bremen
    This summer I was looking to take my squad to the next level so i'm replacing my players with higher quality one. With many players going out i needed a top quality central defender a Pasanen was that man.

Jose Enrique (D WBL) - £7.5million - Newcastle
    I needed a new left back to match up to the rest of my squad so i found Enrique at Newcastle. He's a top level defender and still quite young.

Kyle Lafferty (AM L, ST) - £5.25million - Aston Villa
    Lafferty played well for me last season but Villa came in with an offer that my board couldn't refuse and they accepted it on my behalf.

Steven Naismith (ST) - £3.2million - Sunderland
    A decent young player but £3.2million was a great price and it could go towards bringing quality players in.

Dean Furman (M RC) - £1.2million - Middlesbrough
    A fringe player at the club so was happy to let him go for some extra spending money.

Pedro Mendes (M C) - £2.9million - Sunderland
    Mendes was getting into the later part of his career and the money used from his sale would be helpful in getting a better replacement for him.

Alan Gow (AM L, ST) - £2million - Another fringe player who wasn't needed at Rangers. It was time to cash in.

Madjid Bougherra (DC) - £3million - A.S. Saint-Etienne
    A decent player but I was after someone better and needed the money to help me with funding a new quality centre back.

Andy Webster (DC) - £3million - Portsmouth
    Was never in my first team plans and i was delighted when Pompey offered £3million for him. I excepted immediatly.

Kenny Miller (ST) - £3million - West Ham
    Did ok in my first season but with getting in Sturridge on a free transfer he wasn't really needed so i cashed in before he got too old and his value went down.

Maurice Edu (DM, M C) - £2.5million - A.J. Auxerre
    Too many midfielders in the squad and Edu would have been struggling for a place so it made sense to sell.

Steven Lennon (ST) - £1million - Stirling
    Another young fringe player who would never make it to the first team. Stirling offered a good price for him so i accepted.

A few reserve players also went out on loan to help with the wage budget.

SQUAD

Goalkeepers - Sergio Asenjo, Allan MacGregor

Defence - Petri Pasanen, Kirk Broadfoot, Vincent Kompany, Jose Enrique, Steven Smith, Steven Whittaker, Danny Wilson (promoted from youth)

Midfield - Willians Santana, Zdravko Kuzmanovic, Steven Davis, Fabian Delph, John Fleck, DaMarcus Beasley, Rafael Van der Vaart, Jermaine Pennant

Attack - Keirrison, Kris Boyd, Daniel Sturridge

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE
    Winners
    More difficult season this year as Hearts improved a lot and made it a 3 horse race. I was always ahead throughout the season but never by much. I managed to win with just 2 games to go. Finished the season on 85 points. Newly promoted St. Johnstone were the team who were relegated.

SCOTTISH CUP
    Winners
    We won the Scottish Cup this year against Motherwell. The final finished 3-1. We put out Celtic in the Semi Final of the competition.

CIS CUP
    Quarter Final
    A poor display in the CIS Cup which saw us lose to Hibs on penalties in the Quarter Final. Hibs also went on to win this competition.

EUROPEAN CAMPAIGN
    Champions League Quarter Final
    A fantastic run in Europe this year saw us get through to the Quarter Finals of the competition. A comfortable group stage saw us win 4 out of our 6 matches and we qualified top of our group. We drew Inter in the 1st knockout round and i feared the worst going into the tie. Losing the first leg 2-0 didn't help my confidence but somehow we pulled out a breahtaking display to win 3-0 at home to put out the reigning Champions. We then drew Chelsea in the Quarter Finals and despite putting up a good fight at home drawing 2-2, they managed a 1-0 victory at home which sent us out. Still, i was delighted with a fantastic year in Europe.

MY CAREER

SPL - 2009, 2010
    Scottish Cup - 2009, 2010
    SPL Manager Of The Year - 2009, 2010

Last edited by Ydna36 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Robertos 7
    Robertos 7
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Post  Robertos 7 Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:22 am

Pretty good seasons if you ask me you seemm to d particularly well in the transfer market some fantastic signings. KIU
    Niall
    Niall
    Admin

Post  Niall Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:41 am

Brilliant so far mate KIU

Asenjo is the best GK in the game in my opinion he is awesome!

Some great signings your even doing well in europe!

Keep us posted Wink
    Ydna36
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  Ydna36 Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Season 2010/2011

Nathan Delfouneso (FC) - free - Aston Villa
    I've heard of him before and heard that he's one of the brightest young talents in England. So when he was available on a free I couldn't resist to snap him up.

Vagner Love (FC) - £5.75million - CSKA Moscow
    Last season my defence was incredible and the attack (although very good) didn't quite measure up so i brought in Love to strengthen my attack. Fantastic young striker, also Brazilian, so should work well with Keirrison.

Tim Krul (GK) - £1.3million - Newcastle
    With McGregor getting unhappy i sent him out on loan so i needed a decent back up Goalkeeper who wouldn't cost me much and this young guy is a good prospect and will cover Asenjo whenever needed.

TRANSFERS IN (January Window)

Jan Simunek (DC) - £10million - Wolfsburg
    My defence is very strong however Pasanen is 30 years old now and i wanted to get in a young replacement who could have time to blend in before going straight into the first team full time. A great young centre back, will be perfect for my squad for many years.

Ryan Wilshaw (DR) - £240k - Stirling
    One of my scouts found this youngster and i thought it would be a good idea as the only other natural right back i have is Whittaker. Hopefully will be an SPL star within 2 years.

Chris Burke (AM R) - £2million - Huddersfield
    Didn't play a single game for Rangers since i took over. Not good enough so was happy to let him go.

Lots of unneeded players including Nacho Novo left on free transfers, also i few players out on loan including Allan McGregor to Portsmouth.

Zdravko Kuzmanovic (M C) - £10million - Zaragoza
    A good player but wasn't really performing for me. I have Delph, Van der Vaart and Davis all in that position who were playing better so i thought i could use the money. Sold for profit so i'm happy.

SQUAD

Goalkeepers - Sergio Asenjo, Tim Krul

Defence - Petri Pasanen, Kirk Broadfoot, Vincent Kompany, Jose Enrique, Steven Smith, Steven Whittaker, Danny Wilson, Jan Simunek, Ryan Wilshaw

Midfield - Willians Santana, Steven Davis, Fabian Delph, John Fleck, DaMarcus Beasley, Rafael Van der Vaart, Jermaine Pennant

Attack - Keirrison, Kris Boyd, Daniel Sturridge, Vagner Love, Nathan Delfouneso

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE
    Winners
    A good season in the league this year. We finished on 89 points and only suffered 3 defeats in the whole season. We finished 5 points ahead of Celtic but then there was a gap of 20points to 3rd place. Santana and Fleck have been my star players and were a big factor in us winning the league this year. Newly promoted Dunfermline were relegated after finishing bottom of the league by a long way.

SCOTTISH CUP
    Runners Up
    Gutted not to have won the treble. We got to the final easily and came up against Celtic, and despite taking a lead we ended up losing 2-1. Still a good season all round.

CIS CUP
    Winners
    It was great to win this cup for the first time. I had a failry easy run in this cup this year and secured it with a 3-0 win over Motherwell in the final. Delighted!

EUROPEAN CAMPAIGN
    Champions League 1st knockout round
    A decent run in Europe this year. Got through the group stages again which i was delighted with. Finished top of my group again with 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat. Consistently getting through the group stages is my aim for the next few years, and this will give Rangers a good reputation as a team who can compete in the Champions League. We drew Valencia in the 1st knockout round and i felt we had a decent chance. However we lost 2 tight games 1-0 to go out. Still pleased though.

MY CAREER

SPL - 2009, 2010, 2011
    CIS Cup - 2011
    SPL Manager Of The Year - 2009, 2010, 2011

Scottish Managers Hall of Fame - 10th

Last edited by Ydna36 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Robertos 7
    Robertos 7
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Post  Robertos 7 Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:31 am

Another good season and your squad is definetely one for the future Wink KIU
    Ydna36
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  Ydna36 Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:10 am

Season 2011/2012

Carlos Eduardo (AM LC) - £10million - Hoffenheim
    A fantastic young winger who will add quality to the squad for years. Will replace Beasley who left this summer and will compete with Fleck for a place on the left wing. Can also play in the center of midfield.

Mascio (M C) - £15million - Atalanta
    In my opinion the best central midfielder of his generation. Only 20 years old but already one of the best. Will add to a high quality midfield already at Rangers.

Garry Bocaly (D RC, WB RC, M C) - £3million - Real Madrid
    With Pasanen and Whittaker gone i needed another right back as my only other was 18 year old Wilshaw. Bocaly will challenge for the first team in this position but is also a quailty centre back, and will also provide cover there.

Steven Whittaker (D/WB R) - £3.1million - Reading
    With the quality in the squad going up Whittaker unfortunatly wasn't really matching up, so i cashed in to fund some new quality players.

Allan McGregor (GK) - £2.9million - Aston Villa
    With 2 good Goalkeepers in the squad already there wasn't really a neew to keep McGregor any longer, as he was also getting unhappy with no 1st team action. Villa offered £2.9million so i accepted.

Petri Pasanen (D RC) - £2.5million - Leeds United
    Pasanen was a great asset to the squad when he came in and he did a great job. However he had reached an age where his ability would start to decrease and i was looking for younger players in the squad. Leeds offered a decent amount of money so i let him go.

Kris Boyd (FC) - £2.5million - Reading
    Boyd never really performed for me during my time here, and with other quality strikers in the squad, i didn't feel he was needed anymore.

DaMarcus Beasley (AM LC) - £3.5million - Bolton
    Another player who was fantastic for me over the last couple of years, however every player has a time when they need to move on to make way for the youngsters coming through, and this was Beasley's time. Bolton made a good offer so i reluctantly accepted.

Jermaine Pennant (AM RC) - £3.5million - Reading
    Pennant was never intended to be a long term signing. He was bought as cover whilst Santana was improving, and there wouldn't have been a place in the squad for him this year.

Kirk Broadfoot (DC) - £1.9million - Huddersfield
    With young Danny Wilson becoming so good, and my other strong centre backs, Broadfoot couldn't even get on the bench so there was no point in keeping him.

Steven Smith (D/WB L) - £1.5million - Birmingham
    Porbably the weakest link in the squad and he wasn't getting a game so it was time to let him go. I'll need to find another left back however as Enrique is my only other.

Steven Davis (M C) - £20million - Arsenal
    Davis was a rock in my midfield, an excellent player who always controlled the middle of the park. But with Arsenal coming in with a mega offer, and the fact that i have a couple of other quality players in that position, as well as a few good youth players coming through, i couldn't refuse the money. The £20million will come in very handy in summer to bring in more quality youth for the future.

SQUAD

Goalkeepers - Sergio Asenjo, Tim Krul

Defence - Vincent Kompany, Jose Enrique, Danny Wilson, Jan Simunek, Ryan Wilshaw, Garry Bocaly

Midfield - Willians Santana, Fabian Delph, John Fleck, Rafael Van der Vaart, Mascio, Carlos Eduardo, Chris Smith (promoted from youth)

Attack - Keirrison, Daniel Sturridge, Vagner Love, Nathan Delfouneso

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE
    Winners
    A demolition in the SPL this year saw us win our 4th consecutive league title. A few of my players have become too good for the SPL and are just running riot against most of the teams. Santana and Keirrison especially have been emmense, and have been scoring mountains of goals for me this season. I had secured the league by the middle of April and i started to play some of my youth players and even they kept winning for me. We finished the season on a mighty 107 points. We won 35 games, drew 2, and only lost 1. An incredible run of 7 months without a defeat was the reason we finished 24 points ahead of Celtic who came 2nd.

Santana won SPL players' player of the year, with Keirrison 2nd and Carlos Eduardo 3rd. Mascio also won the Football Writers' player of the year. Keirrison also was the top goalscorer for the season and Nathan Delfouneso was the SPL young player of the year. A great year for awards with my team getting a clean sweep of wins. I also got my 4th manager of the year award.

SCOTTISH CUP
    Semi Final
    Slightly disapointing this season in the Scottish Cup. It was Celtic who put us out again this year. We dominated the game but it ended in a 1-1 draw and we went out on penalties. These things happen in football, so we just have to move on and hopefully do better next year.

CIS CUP
    Winners
    Another trophy in the cabinet. We beat Motherwell in the final again 3-1 to win the CIS Cup for the 2nd year running.

EUROPEAN CAMPAIGN
    Champions League Quarter Final
    Another good run in Europe this season saw us reach the Quarter Finals of the Champions League and we were very close to getting further. Our group saw us drawn against Roma, Dinamo Kiev and Slavia Prague. We made it through the group comfortably with 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat. In the 1st knockout round we drew Werder Bremen and with a great 4-3 victory in the first away leg we only had to keep it tight at home to get through. We won 2-1 and made it to the Quarter Final where we drew Tottenham. I thought we had a great chance to get even further, as we managed to avoid the biggest teams. We drew the away leg 2-2 and i was optomistic to get through. However the home leg was a tight game and we lost 2-1. Delighted with another good run, really hoping to get further next year.

MY CAREER

SPL - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
    CIS Cup - 2011, 2012
    SPL Manager Of The Year - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Scottish Managers Hall of Fame - 8th

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 am