Footy-World Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Footy-World Forums

The World of Footy At Your Fingertips!

+5
Rossi
Les Girondins
Taddy17
Robertos 7
Niall
9 posters

Which is your favourite of the FM series?

Poll

Which is your favourite of the FM series?

[ 1 ]
    Which is your favourite of the FM series? Bar_left11%Which is your favourite of the FM series? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Which is your favourite of the FM series? Bar_left11%Which is your favourite of the FM series? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Which is your favourite of the FM series? Bar_left33%Which is your favourite of the FM series? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Which is your favourite of the FM series? Bar_left33%Which is your favourite of the FM series? Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Niall
    Niall
    Admin

Which is your favourite of the FM series? Empty Which is your favourite of the FM series?

Post  Niall Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:23 am

Discuss the whole of the football manager series here!

Which was your favourite?

Very Happy
    Robertos 7
    Robertos 7
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Which is your favourite of the FM series? Empty Re: Which is your favourite of the FM series?

Post  Robertos 7 Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:17 am

I went for 08 simply because you could take a team and in 5 seasons you would dominate i just thought it was a really slik game.
    Taddy17
    Taddy17
    Getting Started
    Getting Started

Which is your favourite of the FM series? Empty Re: Which is your favourite of the FM series?

Post  Taddy17 Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:20 am

06 because it was the one with new features of pictures weight, height, and blue square north and south
    Les Girondins
    Les Girondins
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  Les Girondins Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:34 pm

i got to say 2009. just because of the 3d. it really revolutionises how you view matches and adds so much immersion.

back in the day when fm had background photos (rememebr them anyone) for club grounds and stuff and you felt you were really moving around the country playing football etc immersion was really good.

then they stopped paying for all the licenses ..

and it became too much like an interactive spreadsheet.

now with the 3d and sites like sortitoutsi you can really recapture the magic.

match engine in 2009 + 3d is best so far. but so many flaws and the drm is just plain evil. i bought my copy off ebay used because i really didnt want to give si my cash this time round in protest at the drm and their persistently releasing games in beta to cash in early.
    Rossi
    Rossi
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Post  Rossi Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:37 pm

I would go for 07 without a doubt their was just something awesome about that led the way for 08 which was never as good and I'm yet to fully experience the 09 venture yet
    Les Girondins
    Les Girondins
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  Les Girondins Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:04 pm

i enjoyed 07 too. but for some reason now it seems like a child's toy compared to the latest ones. i dont know if its just the stock skin or the simplicity of the tactics?

maybe i have a weird view, i used to love 96/7 playing zola as AMC (when AMC owned everything and everyone with dribbling) and getting roberto baggio on free transfers. Smile
    Niall
    Niall
    Admin

Post  Niall Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:46 pm

I have to go for FM05 thats defo my favourite, i still sometimes go on it now Cool

But i have to admit i do love the FM09 3-D pitch Very Happy
    Les Girondins
    Les Girondins
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  Les Girondins Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:26 pm

shame you cant zoom in closer to see kits and facegen faces. i have seen the camera blip and zoom right in once or twice so the potential is there. i think thats why it is slow, because it is very high detail but for some reason si rushed it out in this release and its only half finished ..
    Ice
    Ice
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  Ice Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:26 pm

FM08. I'm still struggling to get into FM09. FM08 seems like ambrosia to me right now - but I must stay strong! Very Happy
    zeeQue
    zeeQue
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  zeeQue Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:32 pm

played since 06, and mine has to be 07 but i <3 08 atm.. i havent got 09 yet because of all the problems ive read about. i will eventually get it though
    Les Girondins
    Les Girondins
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  Les Girondins Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:39 pm

zeeQue wrote:played since 06, and mine has to be 07 but i <3 08 atm.. i havent got 09 yet because of all the problems ive read about. i will eventually get it though

wise move. wait until final patch and buy for a tenner on the bargain bin.
    Niall
    Niall
    Admin

Post  Niall Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:58 pm

zeeQue wrote:played since 06, and mine has to be 07 but i <3 08 atm.. i havent got 09 yet because of all the problems ive read about. i will eventually get it though

Personally i didnt like FM07 at all Razz

FM09 is defo worth getting though the 3-D pitch is very good Very Happy
    ArmageddonAsh
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Post  ArmageddonAsh Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:06 pm

i would say FM06 as it was the first one i got, i got on Xbox360 and got hocked Smile
    Rossi
    Rossi
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Post  Rossi Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Yup me to I got 06 on xbox years passed by on that bad boi Razz good times
    ArmageddonAsh
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Post  ArmageddonAsh Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Rossi wrote:Yup me to I got 06 on xbox years passed by on that bad boi Razz good times

and many controllers Smile
    Rossi
    Rossi
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Post  Rossi Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:26 pm

ArmageddonAsh wrote:
    Rossi wrote:Yup me to I got 06 on xbox years passed by on that bad boi Razz good times

Surprised Confuzzled
    ArmageddonAsh
    Persistent Poster
    Persistent Poster

Post  ArmageddonAsh Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Rossi wrote:
    ArmageddonAsh wrote:

Surprised Confuzzled

i must have broken 5 controllers playing that beast on 360 Smile
    Doddsy
    Doddsy
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post  Doddsy Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:55 am

I've loved all of them to be honest but I went for 09 because I feel there has been year on year improvement, therefore this is the best to date. I'm really enjoying playing it aswell.
    Taddy17
    Taddy17
    Getting Started
    Getting Started

Post  Taddy17 Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:46 am

NEW QUESTION

What was your first football manager game
    Taddy17
    Taddy17
    Getting Started
    Getting Started

Post  Taddy17 Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:47 am

mine was championship manager 99 with SCARBOROUGH F.C
    no 2d match or 3d

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content